College of Medicine
Career Development Center
Queen Lane Campus
2900 Queen Lane
1st Floor, Room 100
Phila., PA 19129
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
& Friday 8:30a.m. - 5:00p.m.
Office of Student Life, Suite 1106, NCB
Wednesday 9:00a.m. - 4:30p.m.
On-line Job Search Resources for Graduate Students
The following websites have a wealth of information covering a range of topics from job listings, writing grants and scientific papers, preparing CVs and resumes, job market and networking.
Job Search Websites – Academic, Government & Industry/Non-traditional Links
- NIH resources
- Job Search Strategies
- Academic Careers Online
- Career.edu - Job board for the academic and research community
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - (CDC)
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Higher Ed Jobs - Listings of Jobs in higher education.
- Job-Hunt - Job-Hunt is a "Top" or "Best" site for job hunting and careers according to US News & World Report, Forbes, and PC Magazine. A new section of the site (http://www.job-hunt.org/careers/index.html) provides descriptions of the typical duties performed in many popular jobs, plus salary and employment statistics by career as well as by major U.S. city. There are also short introductory videos on most of the careers listed.
- National Institutes of Health - (NIH)
- National Science Foundation - (NSF)
- Science, Math, and Engineering Career Resources
- The NewScientist
- The Riley Guide
- USAJOBS - The official job site of the United States Federal Government
- The Scientist Careers - Special supplement on hiring trends in the pharmaceutical industry and how to best manage your career.
- Biospace.com - Biotech and Pharmaceutical, News & Jobs
- AAMC POSTDOC COMPACT - adopted by Drexel Med
- BWF/HHMI Laboratory Management Book
- National Postdoc Association
- National Postdoc Association Career Advising and Counseling
- National Postdoctoral Association INTERNATIONAL POSTDOC Information
- NIH Career Resource
- Ph.D.'s.org: Science, Math, and Engineering Career Resources
- CTSciNet - CTSciNET, the Clinical and Translational Science Network. AAMC has partnered with the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), Science Careers, and several other organizations, to launch CTSciNET, the Clinical and Translational Science Network. CTSciNet is a content-and-community Web site with the mission to assist clinicians interested in research, MD-PhD trainees and recipients, PhD-track scientists who want to work closer to the clinic, and anyone considering these career paths in assessing their options and making good career-related decisions.The project is supported by the Borroughs Wellcome Fund. Dr. Kerry O'Banion, Chair-Elect of the MD-PhD Section, is a CTSCiNet Advisor.
- The Academic Scientists' Toolkit
- Science Careers Forum - Forum on careers in academia and in industry
- Science Daily
- Science Career Magazine - Has articles covering scientific training, career development, and the science job market. Many of the columns are written by career scientists.
- The Chronicle for Higher Eduction Career Network
- The Scientist
Career Development Resources and Articles for Graduate Students
- Career Basics: Advice and Resources for Scientists - Science Careers: Read each article in the booklet online, or download each chapter or the entire booklet as a PDF.
- L'Oréal-UNESCO Women in Science Booklet - Science/AAAS in collaboration with the L'Oréal Corporate Foundation is proud to bring you this Young Women in Science booklet.
- Look Beyond Your Job Description--You Will Be Surprised at What You Find
- Succeeding in Graduate School
- Careers for Postdoctoral Scientists: Beyond the Ivory Tower