Use of Educational Space at Queen Lane
The facilities at Queen Lane are provided primarily to support the educational programs of the College of Medicine, including scheduled classes for medical and graduate students, and for use by students studying outside of scheduled class time.
- Use of the facilities (subject to availability) by groups within the College of Medicine or in other Colleges in the University must be approved by the Vice Dean for Educational and Academic Affairs (or designee) after consultation, if appropriate, with the directors of the IFM and PIL programs. Any outside organization using the Queen Lane facilities must be sponsored by a faculty member of the College of Medicine, approved by the Vice Dean for Educational and Academic Affairs (or designee), and such use must be congruent with the mission and values of the College of Medicine. A written contract, including a certificate of insurance or a hold harmless agreement, must be executed by any approved outside party prior to using the facilities
- Outside organizations approved to use the facilities will be charged a fixed fee based on schedule to be developed and updated annually. Fees for the services of an audiovisual technician, if needed, will be additional.
Priority List for Use of the Educational Space at Queen Lane:
- Required lecture, laboratory, and small group classes and examinations for medical students. Required classes and examinations for students in the Biomedical Graduate program. Faculty, staff and student group meetings. Student studying. Other educational programs of the College of Medicine or other colleges in the University (e.g., CME activities).
- Approved outside organizations
- Auditorium/Hall/Atrium (Auditorium A and B, Atrium, Student Activities Center "SAC" Hall A, Hall B or both Halls combined): $500/full day, minimum $250/half day
- Large classroom (A1, A2, A7, A8, C9, Lab B module, Cafeteria): $250/full day, minimum $125/half day
- Small classroom (A3-A6, A9-A12, C1-C8): $100/full day, minimum $50/half day
- Audiovisual technician: $60/hr
All fees collected will be placed in a special fund to be used for upgrades/repairs to furnishings and equipment.